Monday, January 3, 2011

Drawer 1 - Week 1

Plunging right in today on this year-long project to tackle 52 drawers, shelves and cupboards in 2011 - whether they be in the house, car or garage. Drawer 1 is a small drawer in the "office nook" in the kitchen. It's right next to the refrigerator. My first challenge: what exactly should this drawer's job be? I am going to make it a household office supply drawer. Above is all the things I emptied from the drawer and um...not many office supplies were to be found. It has turned into a catch-all drawer.
On my first pass at the contents, above are the items to be discarded. Mostly trash, except batteries go into the special battery disposal bag.

Here's what's left and these still aren't office supplies. I have household tools, furniture protectors, 4 flashlights, catnip, bracelets that are really cat toys, a planter hook, various nails, screws and brackets, measuring tape, padlock that I don't know the code for but I'm guessing my husband does, a travel alarm clock, hand-warmers, a cute little Paddington Bear from our trip to England a few years ago, a toothbrush for household cleaning, night light, hand lotion and some garden seeds are just some of the inventory. I guess a big part of this drawer reorganization is just getting items back to their proper places...to be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment